- What is Baul and what’s the history behind it? How does it fit in the overall scheme of musical art forms in India?
- Traditionally most of the folk arts are a group activity, how come then Baul evolved into a solo act?
- Since it’s a solo activity, how does improvisation take place? Is it similar to Classical music where the artist tries to achieve a trance in the Raag and its exploration? How do Baul musicians improvise? On which thread? Is there any discipline in it?
- In the past few years of taking interviews and learning, I see a pattern where a lot of art forms have evolved from folk art. Why hasn’t folk art got its recognition or flourished the way other art forms based on it have flourished?
- What’s the future of Baul? How can we preserve it? What are the steps taken by other Indians to keep it alive?