- According to BV Doshi, cement is just another material. It depends on how we use it. What’s wrong with cement?
- What’s so beautiful about mud as a material? It gives a lot of warmth. What’s the extent to which Mud as a material can be exploited? Can we build a skyscraper with mud?
- In UI design, we have an atomic theory for building design systems. In your case, is brick the foundation block? How do you build foundations?
- At Wallmakers, how do you ensure Mud is sturdy and stable? How do you ensure that waste doesn’t spoil the architecture in a long run? Tell us a little bit about Debris Wall and Shuttered Debris Wall.
- “Sustainable” is now an overused term. It loses its actual meaning over time. While you have been practicing it pretty religiously / judiciously. What does it mean to you? What is truly sustainable?
- When we are focused on a particular agenda/approach, we tend to have less focus on other dynamics. For eg: If everything is about sustainability, What about architecture that invests in creating space for conversations? (Like Correa) – How do you balance them in your work?
- What is the long-term future of housing, shelter, and security according to you? (Do you see any flip side to the name “Wallmakers”?)