Is it possible to write critically in today’s time
- In P.L.Deshpande’s Big te matric or Asami Asami, he has made humorous comments on Shivaji, Gandhi, and many other leaders. How come it’s received in a different light while it becomes offensive today?
- If we look at the last 100 years of literature, we can see a pattern. Initially, the books were banned and now more recently the writers are under threat. Why this is happening?
- It’s not possible to write critical commentaries on great figures today? Why not?
- What is missing/wrong? Has the audience not evolved, are playwrights trying to be too open? Why are we not able to handle humor, political, or social commentary in a good spirit?
- Will this voice of dissent die due to today’s attitude? How do you envision the future of this critical observation in the theatre or literature world?