- What is Thumri and how did it emerge?
- How does Thumri sit-in the overall scheme of Traditional Hindustani classical music?
- Even thumri format has set rules and it’s own framework. Did Thumri face problems when it was evolving? If yes, what kind of challenges? Why did people venture into other lighter forms?
- Most of the Thumris are in Awadhi, Bhojpuri, Mirzapuri. Why? Have any of the artists explored by creating new bandishes or experimenting with the format?
- How does a particular format cease to evolve? Who decides beyond this point it won’t be called Thumri? Further modifications to this form and we will have to change the name? (Who defines Naam-roop to these forms)