- How dependent is brand building; is it based on a good product/service or good marketing strategy or media buying? Is it possible to make great brands if the product or service is substandard?
- What is difficult to brand? Service or a product? Why?
- In one of Steve Jobs’s interviews, he said, marketers will have more say in companies that seldom change their product line. For eg: Coke or Pepsi. While marketing may not be really required for tech-based companies where the product itself is solving user needs. How would you respond to that? Do you think Tech companies need marketing?
- With the growing chaos of brands, especially in India, what are the few challenges which brand experts are facing?
- A brand like “Khaitan-Sabse Tej” or “Asian Paints-Har Ghar Kuch Keheta Hai” is memorable because of the media buying or profound copywriting and design of the campaign?
- What is your response to especially e-com brands hurting them and users by incessantly harping on discounts?